Sunday, July 19, 2009

Organize your day by making a Daily Checklist.

Do you feel like you're not doing anything much day to day ?
It's like you're wasting time, you know you're supposed to be doing stuff, but you just don't.
I know I don't have much accoplished in 1 day.
There seems to be too much stuff to do in 1 day

But remember when we were still in school ?
there were so much to do in 1 day, but we did it all and still had time to go to the movies/mall, etc.
At school, everything scheduled and in just 1 day, We learnt :
- Maths, History, Biology, Foreign languages, Physical education / Sports, Art class, Geography, etc etc
then afterclass, some of us have Swimming lessons, Music lessons, Drama class, Taekwondo, Karate, etc
We absorbed all of that information in 1 day and we did it for years and years.
(not to mention all those homeworks)

So, I want to re-schedule my day so I can do most of the stuff in 1 day.
and yes... I lack self control, this is why I'm making the checklist.
I've made a "Daily List of things to do" and stick it to the wall in my room, but I seem to not see it. So I'm doing an actual Checklist of Daily-To-Do-Things.
But they don't all have to be done in 1 day, but they're there to let me know that there are other important things to do and so I won't spend 3 hours watching useless TV.



The checklist can consist of just about anything.
Mine has a lot of stuff, from Stretching, Sport, Learning new stuff, Blogging, Eating right, Doing Sketches/Paint, Practice Music, even Saying my prayers, anything at all.
I even added "Not so Healthy Food" to the list, so I know how am I doing in the junk food department.
If you don't want people to know what checklist you're doing, then make up words/codes so only you can understand your checklist.

I then use color markers to color in the things that I've done.
You can just use a pen and check/tick the box, but I kinda wanna do it in colors ;p
Green is good - daily
Blue is good - not necessarily daily
Pink is allowed rarely
Red is not Good

So....I've only done this for 5 days....
Let's see how it goes.
I'd like to see almost all greens and lots of blues ;)

Update :


After almost a month....
You can see here that the top rows are almost all red
that's my sleeping schedule...
It means I have to sleep rite !! sleep early and wake up early !!!
What do I benefit from having this checklist so far ?
You know how there are times when you're like sitting down and not knowing what to do and end up watching TV or eating ?
Well... this checklist helps keep you in track, it'll help you do the things that you're supposed to do !!!
And Even if you haven't done most of the stuff there, everytime you look at it, you're reminded to better yourself , to use your time wisely, to fill your days with important things.
and I hope.... after a while, I'll get used to doing everything in my checklist so I don't need to use it anymore.
:)

*for now, ignore the reds, i repeat, ignore the reds* ;p
I'm working on it. ;)

and you know what ?
Don't spend too much time deciding what to put on the checklist or which activity to do first, stop staring at the checklist for too long and Just Do it Right Now !!
seriously, Let's Start Right Now :)

No comments: