Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Always Think Positive !

So...... the story goes
I need a warranty sticker that a certain Tech guy forgot to stuck back after upgrading my notebook computer.
Because it was purely his fault, so Tech guy promised to stop by at my house the next day to bring me the sticker and asked me to text/sms him my address.
How nice, I thought to myself.
I texted him anyway although I didn't think he'd actually come because the service center was kinda far from my house.
So I waited for him the next day.... and He didn't come !!
it annoyed me quite a bit.......he obviously could've called me to let me know if he wasn't coming.
So I called him and before I even said anything, he told me that he had lost the sms that contained my address.
Yes mister liar, I just bought the computer 2 days ago, so you have my phone number at your database, you could actually call me.
So he asked me to resend him my address.
I said no, I'm coming tomorrow , because I assumed that he'd only offering to stop by without any intention to come anyway and besides there was still something wrong with my computer so I had to go to the service center anyway.

But...... I was so mad at him because he lied to me, or I assumed that he lied.
Right now, when I'm writing this, this kind of situation doesn't bother me at all, but at that time I was so annoyed at him that he offered to help but totally lied about it and he only offered to help basically just to shut me up so I'd hang up the phone.

But, really.... is Tech guy to blame in this whole situation ?
Is it his fault that I'm feeling mad and annoyed ?

Why do I have to think such negative thoughts ?
I assumed that he was a liar, that he never had any intention to help me out in the first place.
What if the reality is, he really did lose my sms/text message by accident, what if he accidently pressed the delete button. I mean, I've accidentaly deleted messages before.
or What if he actually had something really important to do and he couldn't come so he told me a "white" lie about losing my text message.
What if he actually lied to my face ?

I would never know the real truth.
But it doesn't matter whether or not he lied or told the truth.

If, from the beginning, I didn't have any negative thoughts towards him, I wouldn't have felt lied to or annoyed, I wouldn't be mad at him, I wouldn't start silently calling him names and cursing. ;p
If, from the beginning, I thought positively, I'd stay calm and unannoyed and I wouldn't silently accused him of lying.

So it doesn't matter whether or not people lie to you.
Having negative thoughts about them doesn't make them tell you the truth either, having negative thoughts only stresses you out and makes you think more of the bad stuff, that they're lying to you, etc etc.
On the other hand, having positive thoughts calms you down and it makes you at peace and it gives you the ability to believe in the goodness of others.
In the end, you'll never know what goes on inside a person's head and negative thoughts only makes you spend miserable hours thinking about their bad points.

The important point is YOU.
Having negative thoughts makes you miserable !!
Having positive thoughts calms you down and makes you at peace.
So now you know why it's important to always think positive ?

Having positive thoughts gives me a nice feeling in my heart (and it's making me smile right now) and it's that simple :)

No comments: